Sunday, August 7, 2011

August Loves

Mom, Pops and the sis came to visit me in Portland last week and it was super awesome.
Laurelhurst Park
A brief summary: Seeing the sis after 2 1/2 YEARS OF ABSENCE (Peace Corps & all) - Trudging Through Snow on Mt Hood - Buying Jewelry and Jams at Artisan Market - Running Along the Oregon Coast - Eating & Drinking Raw Food (mmm Sip, I love you) - Hiking Multnomah & Wakeema Falls - Vegan Fine Dining at Blossoming Lotus and Portobello - Visiting ALL the Parks - Park Music - Street Music - Long Walks through the City - Hiking in Forest Park - Browsing in Powell's City of Books - Meeting Rescued Birds at Audubon - Spotting My 2nd Nude Bike Race - Sipping Chocolate Chipotle Chai & Having Good Conversation - Drinking REAL Hot Chocolate at Cacao - Perking Up via Iced Soy Lattes at Dragonfly - Home-cookin' Prepared by RYAN <3

Now for my OTHER August Loves.

Raw Organic Food Bar Organic Food Bar now has RAW bars! R and I just gobbled up our Chocolate Coconut one and yes, I recommend them.
Berry Parfait with Vanilla Soy Yogurt & Hemp Granola With all of the berry picking we've been doing around here, I must include PARFAITS. I especially love my berry parfait with organic hemp granola (Whole Foods bulk aisle, hollerrrr)
Kaia Foods Buckwheat Granola with Cacao Nibs Not so good in the parfait (too hard), but ridiculously good on its own.
Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix R and I made these for the fam TWICE in one week. They're delicious and so easy to make, thanks to you, Bob.
Corn Yes, simple corn-on-the-cob. I just had some that I got out at Bella Organics Farm. Just a tad bit of Earth Balance Whipped Buttery Spread and a sprinkle of pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment